Golden Age Foundation is Reinstating its Membership Program
As a non-voting associate member you will be part of our Foundation and your member dues/fees will help us to continue supporting our Leisure World Community;
Now that the Covid pandemic is under control and we are able to reopen our facilities we wish to invite back our members and to welcome new members to the Golden Age Foundation.
Help us and Give Where You Live!
Who We Are
The Golden Age Foundation is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization that has been serving the Leisure World community for over 48 years. Through the support of volunteers, individuals and organizations the Foundation has organized and implemented many programs that have benefitted our community.
Our Covid Response
This year was very challenging as we were faced with a pandemic that had deeply affected many of our community. In response to the Co-vid 19 Crisis we have:
- Worked with the Golden Rain Foundation and the City of Seal Beach to distribute approximately 40,000 face masks to shareholders as well as those who work behind the scenes here in Leisure World.
- Contributed over $100,000 to support Meals on Wheels of Orange County and Meals on Wheels of Long Beach. These programs helped to feed thousands of our shareholders who were unable to cook or shop.
- Provided volunteers to help facilitate the Optium/GRF covid vaccine program.
Core Foundation Programs
- Hospitality Center Located in Clubhouse 6 serves morning coffee and snacks to thousands of residents providing a place and opportunity to socialize and meet their neighbors
- Income Tax Preparation in partnership with AARP. Filing taxes is important as it helps to prevent identity left and as we recently experienced, those who filed income tax returns were able to receive stimulus payments as part of the federal pandemic response
- Mobility Aids Program the Golden Age Foundation provides free rental of mobility aids including walkers and wheel chairs.
- Document Shredding which helps support our recycling efforts but importantly helps protect our shareholders from identity theft
- Environmental Efforts which include battery and florescent bulbs recycling program
Associate Member Fees/Dues
- Our base annual dues are $10.00 and this money will allow us to continue to support our community.
- Please fill out the form at the bottom of this article
- Make your payment by check to the Golden Age Foundation
- Mail to: Golden Age Foundation, P.O. Box 2369, Seal Beach, CA 90740
- or you can drop it off at the Hospitality Center at clubhouse six. Simply place it in the donation box.
- If paying by cash please make sure you securely seal the envelope.
The Golden Age Foundation urges all prospective donors to seek assistance of personal legal and financial advisors in matters relating to their gifts including the resulting tax and estate planning connsequencces.
Golden Age Foundation
P.O. Box 2369
Seal Beach, California 90740
Our tax id is 23-7273105.