The Golden Age Foundation is staffed and run by volunteers who live in Seal Beach Leisure World. The Foundation’s goal is to make Seal Beach Leisure World a better and happier place in which to live through charitable works and free community service programs.
Help us and Give Where You Live!
Golden Age Foundation
Who We Are
The Golden Age Foundation has been serving the Leisure World community for over 45 years. The Foundation is a non-profit 501 (c) (3) organization established in 1973 to enhance the quality of Leisure World life to our more than 9,500 shareholders. Over the years, through the support of volunteers, individuals and organizations the Foundation has organized and implemented many programs that have benefitted our community at no cost to our shareholders. Our foundation is entirely staffed by fellow share holder volunteers.
Core Foundation Programs
- Hospitality Center Located in Clubhouse 6 serves morning coffee and snacks to thousands of residents providing a place and opportunity to socialize and meet their neighbors
- Income Tax Preparation in partnership with AARP. Filing taxes is important as it helps to prevent identity left and as we recently experienced, those who filed income tax returns were able to receive stimulus payments as part of the federal pandemic response
- Mobility Aids Program the Golden Age Foundation provides free rental of mobility aids including walkers and wheel chairs.
- Document Shredding which helps support our recycling efforts but importantly helps protect our shareholders from identity theft
- Environmental Efforts which include battery and florescent bulbs recycling program
Donations we have made to enrich our community
- Handicapped Accessible Buses
- Equipment for hearing impaired at the new Learning Center
- Helping to upgrade ice machines in club houses so they are automated and safer to use
- $75,000 donation to help support the newly renovated gym at Clubhouse 6
- Bus Benches & Shelters
- Audio-Alert Traffic Signal
Our Covid Response
This year is very challenging as we are faced with a pandemic that has deeply affected many of our community. In response to the Co-Vid 19 crisis we have:
- Worked with the Golden Rain Foundation and the City of Seal Beach to distribute approximately 40,000 face masks to shareholders as well as those who work behind the scenes in Leisure World providing much needed services to our community. To secure these masks we worked with:
- our volunteer shareholder sewing brigade which made over 5,000 cotton masks
- Seal Beach business man, Frank Teng, who donated 10,000 masks
- Global Security, a Texas based company, that provided close to 24,000 disposable masks
- Contributed over a $100,000 to support Meals on Wheels of Orange County and Meals on Wheels of Long Beach. These programs are helping to feed thousands of our shareholders who are unable to cook or shop
- Provided volunteers to help facilitate the Optum/GRF covid vaccine program
In order to continue to support our community we rely on donations from individual shareholders, groups and organizations. If you wish to help support our programs please send your check to:
Golden Age Foundation
P.O. Box 2369
Seal Beach, California 90740
Our tax id is 23-7273105.