GOLDEN AGE FOUNDATION – DEDICATED TO SERVICE
The Golden Age Foundation is an independent nonprofit, 501(c)(3) charitable organization dedicated to serving the residents of Seal Beach Leisure World. Its purpose is to make our community a better and happier place in which to live. The Foundation was established in 1973 and is not affiliated with the Golden Rain Foundation.
Because the Golden Age Foundation has been recognized as a nonprofit organization by the Internal Revenue Service, in most cases contributions made to it qualify for exemption from income taxes.
All Golden Age programs are provided free to Leisure World shareholders. The Foundation is entirely staffed by volunteers, so all contributions go directly to meeting community needs. The generous support of shareholders, residents, clubs, organizations and businesses is the main source of income. The Foundation’s programs and projects are made possible by the volunteer efforts of so many.
There are numerous ways to help (see details at the bottom of this document): become a member and/or make a yearly contribution; become a volunteer; join the Amazon Smile or Ralph’s Rewards program; and last but not least, consider leaving a lasting legacy by naming Golden Age Foundation as a beneficiary in your estate planning. For more information, call (562) 431-9589. Your contributions are tax deductible. The Golden Age Foundation 501(c)(3) Tax ID is 23-7273105.
NOTE: All the listed programs have been affected in some way, due to the pandemic. Keep up with changes in delivery of services by reading the LW News.
Hospitality Center: On Monday through Friday of each week, the Golden Age Foundation sponsors a Hospitality Center in Clubhouse 6 (CH 6). Between the hours of 9:00 and 11:00 am, coffee and cookies are served to residents who drop by and socialize. New residents are especially urged to come and make friends. You will be welcomed by the Golden Age Foundation volunteers who staff this project.
Mobility Aids: One of the most used and appreciated services of the Golden Age Foundation is loaning out free-of-charge wheelchairs and walkers to residents. The Mobility Aids room is on the ground floor, west side of CH 6 and is open Monday thru Friday between 12:30 and 2:30. No appointment is necessary.
Tax Return Assistance: The Golden Age Foundation arranges for tax volunteers, trained by the AARP, to prepare basic State and Federal tax forms without charge. Information concerning this program is published in the Leisure World weekly (LW Weekly) newspaper during the tax season.The program opens the beginning of February to usually mid-April. Appointments are required, and the phone number will be in the LW Weekly during the service period.
Shredding Service: The Foundation sponsors free document shredding for shareholders 3-4 times a year in the Clubhouse 2 parking lot, generally between 10 am and noon. The dates and times will be announced in the LW Weekly a couple of weeks before the service.
Recycling Program: The Foundation pays for the proper disposal of batteries and fluorescent bulbs to help preserve our environment. Dead batteries may be dropped at the Hospitality Center in CH 6, and at the News Office and Purchasing Department during their office hours. Fluorescent/LED bulbs can only be dropped off at the Purchasing Department during office hours.
New Programs: The Foundation develops new programs from time to time. Check the LW Weekly for other programs and/or services that may have been developed after this document was prepared.
- Handicapped Accessible Buses
- Bus Benches and Shelters
- Clubhouse 6 Exercise Equipment
- Audio-Alert Traffic Signal
- Interfaith Council Directory Sign
- Emergency Communications System
- Ice Machines and Sound Equipment for the Clubhouses
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) equipment and mannequins so the Healthcare Center could maintain a CPR teaching program
- Video and sound equipment for the Clubhouses
- Serenity Garden for Mission Park (behind Clubhouse 2)
- Furnishings for the Hospitality Center
HOW TO BECOME A MEMBER
- Cut out the application below and take it to the Hospitality Center in Clubhouse 6 any weekday between 9 and 11 am and give it to a volunteer; or drop it in the mail box on the Hospitality Center wall where you get your coffee at any time.
- Or mail your application to the Golden Age Foundation, P.O. Box 2369, Seal Beach, CA 90740
- Make your check payable to Golden Age Foundation.
- Membership contributions are tax deductible. The Foundation’s tax ID # is 23-7273105.
- If you have any questions, please call us at 562-431-9589 and leave a message.